In this post we discuss the study material to pass the Salesforce Sharing and Visibility Designer Exam. This was the 5th architect certification I took and overall was one of the more straightforward.
I studied for this exam in December 2016 (Winter 17)
- Full sharing user licences
- High Volume Customer Portal (HVCP) such as communities and Service cloud. Do not utilise the sharing model and have their own lookup based approach from user to account / contact look up (share sets and share groups)
- Sharing Architecture PDF – I found this useful for an overall run down of the sharing architecture
- Sharing options in Communities – Great run down on community options and sharing options, particularly Partners vs. Customer
- Salesforce Shield – particularly encryption at rest and transit. Requirements around Personal Identifiable Information (PII) and Payment Card Industry (PCI) and Protected Health Industry (PHI)
- Enterprise Territory Planning – in particular visibility rules and filter based opportunity territory assignment
- Exposing data via web services – understand the web service model and lack of object permission / field level security. Sharing rules provide record level access only “with sharing” keyword
- Behind the scenes
- Under the hood – Study this material thoroughly (access grants: explicit, implicit, inherited and group membership; database tables: object record, object sharing and group maintaince tables). The sample scenario really pulls everything together.